Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday

Last week was my birthday and because of the wedding and the upcoming Hawaii honeymoon my husband and I wanted to keep it low key and just do something small and intimate. We went to Wolf Trap the local outdoor concert hall for Roger and Hammerstein night. Oscar Hammerstein and Richard Rogers were songwriters who wrote and composed music for some of my favorite musicals. Including Oklahoma!, South Pacific and one of my personal favorites The King and I. The National Orchestra performed over 10 songs from there musicals. As I sang along with all the different songs my husband cringed (I CAN’T sing AT all). I was, however in good company. There were people all around me singing along and having a great time listening. I was so happy it was a nice night out and not too hot so my husband was not complaining about the heat. I have to say I think he might be starting to like the musicals, especially when he sees how happy it makes me to sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment