Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Soft Pretzels

My husband loves soft pretzels. He has been asking me to buy the frozen soft pretzels from the store for weeks now. When I went to look at them the other day I saw not only were they 5 dollars for 4 rather small pretzels but when I read the box I could not pronounce half the words in it. I try to make as much as I can from scratch. This way I can control what is added, the quality and how much. So what did I do? I went straight to the internet to look up recipes. My husband was going away AGAIN on one of his business trips so I always like to send him off with a special meal for him to remember how much I love him and miss him. So I set to work on the pretzels.
I was a little worried when I started working with the dough because it was tougher than I expected. I was worried that I might have overworked the dough but I just keep pushing forward with making the pretzels. I decided to make both sweet and savory pretzels. Some were just salt and some had cinnamon and sugar. I have to say when they came out of the oven and my husband and I took our first bites we both knew this was a recipe to keep. They were so good. They tasted better than any soft pretzels I have ever had. I made some melted chocolate and some cheese sauce to dip the pretzels in. They were out of this world. The only thing that I would change is making more sweet pretzels. I am definitely going to be making these again once when football season starts. They are the perfect sports food.



My first one, not too bad.



The pretzels were sooo good right out of the oven when they were still warm.


The finished product. The three on the right are cinnamon and sugar, and the others are salt. SOOO GOOD. Next time I am going to try to make them gluten free. We will see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment