Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Tart

I enjoy making cakes and pies but very seldom bake them because it is just me and my husband. So the only time I make cakes or pies is when we have guests coming over. With my brother –in- law in town I decided to make a peanut butter tart. I have made this tart in the past and it is very rich, smooth and delicious. It is an easy tart to make just a little bit time consuming. You make the crust, chocolate ganache and peanut butter moose all from scratch. My husband was very excited when I told him I would be making this tart. I don’t use a tart pan, I don’t have one and I don’t really want to spend the money on another pan so I just use my round spring form pan. It works just as well as a tart pan. The only difference is the tart looks more like a pie, but it still tastes great.


Picture of the gram cracker crust, I use this crust in my banana cream pie (will be in a future blog)


This is the gram cracker crust with the chocolate ganache. I stir in a teaspoon of corn syrup to make the ganache shinier. It does not alter the taste just makes it glisten


I love this picture because you can see my dog Dexter in the lower right hand cornor. He is always at my feet when I am cooking. He loves it.

The tart with the peanut butter moose filling. I made it a bit thicker because the moose is his favorite part.

The finished product. I make my own whip cream so I usually keep it separate from the pie because it does tend to separate, it is better for you than the canned stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment