Sunday, August 29, 2010

Braised Short Ribs

With guests last weekend I wanted to try out a new recipe. I knew the recipe would make a lot and I wanted to make sure me and my husband did not have to eat it all ourselves. So I made braised shot ribs and mashed potatoes. The ribs were great. I made sure to reserve the sauce and added some flour to it. This gave me a ton of gravy for both the ribs and the mashed potatoes. The only problem was I almost killed my brother-in-law. Apparently my brother – in- law is allergic to red wine or the sulfite in red wine. His throat got red and I of course started to freak out because as we all know, I don’t deal well in situation like that. Thank god my husband has a level head and gave him some Benadryl and he was fine. He was fine and everyone was laughing about it (but me).


It did turn out great. I will make it again and make sure that I go to total wine first and get some sulfite free wine.

This was the only picuture I took. Everyone was so hungry and no one wanted to wait for me take pictures. They tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment