Thursday, August 5, 2010

Special Goodbye Dinner

My husband is gone again this week for travel so as always I was racking my brain to think of a good meal to make for him. I was coming to a dead end until I saw the Giant circular last Thursday night. I saw that Crab Legs were on sale for $3.99 a pound. Normally, they are around 7.99-8.99 a pound so I knew that this was going to be perfect. I left the office early on Friday and went straight to Giant and bought some crab legs, sweet corn and red potatoes. I knew I had plenty of Old Bay Seasoning in the pantry (it is my husband’s favorite) so I was ready to cook. As soon as I got home I went straight to work on the potatoes I knew those were going to take the most time because I have to cut them and roast them in the oven (with rosemary from my herb box in the backyard). It was pretty much perfect timing everything was just about done when my husband walked in the door. He was able to go upstairs and get out of his suit and then we sat down to an amazing meal together.
I love crab it just reminds me of summer, the corn was perfect and sweet and the potatoes were great. It was a great meal to share with my husband before he left for work AGAIN. I hope that he won’t have to travel so much in the future. But as long as he keeps traveling I will keep thinking about different recipes to use to welcome him and send him off.

The crab legs.Another view of the crab legs. The rosemary potatoes. One of our favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment