Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waffle Iron

So I had posted before about how my husband took to Rodger and Hammerstein night for my birthday but he also gave me one more birthday present a WAFFLE IRON. I have been wanting a waffle iron for probably about a year. I think my husband wanted the waffle iron as much as I did. Waffles are his favorite breakfast food, so I was more than eager to begin cooking. We had to wait a little while before I could actually make the waffles because my husband has been traveling a lot for work and we are having some work done on our house. So it was in everyone’s best interest for me to wait to make the waffles until I knew that I could be alone without workers in our house. I have a tendency to get very upset when I try a new recipe and it does not work out the way I envisioned it. This weekend was D day. I made sure that I had all the ingredients need and made the waffle batter the night before. I was surprised at how complex the batter was. I have not worked a lot with yeast so I hope it will become easier as I become more comfortable with it.

The first batch of waffles did not come out as nice as I wanted. They were a little burnt around the edges so I turned the heat down and made a second batch, and they came out great. I can’t wait to try different batters. I found an awesome pumpkin batter for October and a gingerbread one for the holidays. I love my birthday present and the great husband who gave it to me. He is too good to me.

So good so good Looking forward to making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment