Monday, August 23, 2010

Brookie

This was a recipe that I was really excited to make but it did not turn out exactly the way I wanted it to. I didn’t have any 6inch pie pans so I improvised and used muffin tins. Maybe I should have went out and bought them and it might have turned out a bit better they still tasted great but not as pretty as I would have liked.

First I should explain what a Brookie is. It is half brownie and half chocolate chip cookie. The recipe tasted great but the presentation not so much. They looked like bran muffins and before I could convenience my husband to try he made me give a little piece to my dog. My husband knew that if it was a bran muffin the dog would have never eaten it haha. He liked the way it tasted but like I said the presentation had a lot to be desired. I will try them again and see what happens once when I have the correct the cooking equipment.
A few of the Brookie, I guess they kind of look like bran muffins.

This picture you can really see the difference between the cookie and the brownie.

2 comments:

  1. wow, these look really good even if your husband said the presentation was lacking. i can definitely tell from here that they are cookies on top of brownies, not bran muffins. i just got the urge to make cookies so i started looking up recipes on marthastewart.com and i saw your review of the brookies. i've got to run to the store to pick up some supplies and then to the kitchen!
    -kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I have alot of other Martha recipes from Martha on my blog. Let me know how they come out.

    ReplyDelete