Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pancake Breakfast

My husband has been traveling a lot recently for work. The best way that I can think of to welcome him home is with his favorite foods. I made him risotto for dinner the night he came back and decided to surprise him with a pancake breakfast. I don’t use any type of pancake mixes I like to try and make everything from scratch because this allows me to control what type of ingredients I use. My husband is a fan of bananas, and whatever I can do to make him eat his fruits makes me happy. So I proceeded to make him bananas pancakes and blueberry for myself. While I try to make the pancakes as healthy as possible (adding wheat germ and flax feeds) the syrup on the other hand is the complete opposite. I place the syrup in a pot and heat it up slowly on the stove (don’t heat it too quickly because the syrup will begin to boil and become hard)and add a couple of tablespoon of butter. The butter melts into the syrup and makes a salty sweet liquid. It is so good over hot pancakes but not healthy at all.


The banana pancakes for my husband.


The blueberry pancakes for me.


The butter syrup concoction.


YUM YUM YUM my mouth is watering just thinking about them so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment