Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

My husband and I met at College in New York; it was a small college but had some of the best restaurants around. One restaurant in particular, was Spragues Maple House. They make their own maple syrup that they use in the restaurant. One of our favorite dishes is there Stuffed French Toast. Of course we can’t drive 7 hours out to New York to go to the restaurant so I tried to replicate the recipe for our Sunday morning breakfast. I made sure the cream cheese was at room temperature and put it in the Kitchen-Aid mixer. Then I added maple syrup and chopped walnuts. Once the French Toast was done I gave each piece a healthy dollop of cream cheese and sandwiched it between the two pieces. Because this is a very high calorie and high sugar breakfast we decided to forgo the butter and syrup concoction and just went with a little maple syrup. While my husband humored me and told me it was better than Sprague’s we both knew it was a poor substitute for the real thing. I guess we will just have to wait until the next time we can visit school.


The cream cheese mixture

The finished product, it was so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment