Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pecan Bars

My mother, like myself, loves to cook and bake. We both especially like sweet treats. When I found out my parents were going to be coming to town and visiting I knew what to make for my mother. We both love nuts in cookies, cakes and bars. So I decided to make some Pecan bars. I have to say out of all the nuts pecans are my favorite. Even while eating Pecans raw they still have a sweet taste to them. I have made these pecan bars a couple of times. They only downfall to this recipe is the butter. It is a Barefoot Contessa recipe so you use about a pound and half of butter. It is definitely not a recipe to make on a weekly basis. It is a treat to have once in awhile.

I was excited to make these bars for my parents and was even more excited to later eat them. I don’t have a lot of pictures because I was baking a cake and making the bars while trying to clean the house. HAHA you know I don’t like to make anything easy. Wait until you see a couple of the projects that I have coming up. I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew but you know me if I can’t make it difficult and overwhelming than there is no point in doing it at all.

The bars fresh out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment