Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Granola

I used to eat two hard boiled eggs every morning, and then we had the salmonella outbreak. The worst part of it was I didn’t even know there was a salmonella outbreak. I get up every day at 5am and leave my house at 6am to make sure I get to work at 7am. In the hour I have in my house I am getting ready, feeding the dog, making a lunch for my husband, making a lunch for myself and quickly starting the dishwasher if needed. I only watch the news for 10 minutes in the morning to catch the weather and traffic report. I listen to my iPod in the car so I don’t really catch the news on the radio. When I get to work, I work I don’t go on news sites, websites etc. I don’t have the time between my client work, meetings and my extra activities with the firm (CVC, planning All Hands, WIN etc) I don’t have time. When I get home I usually try to study, finish up any work and prepare for the next day, workout and then go to bed. I know it sounds unbelievable but I don’t have time to watch the news, and if I do have time I much rather be baking, cooking, playing with my dog, reading or being with my husband.
Haha so the point of that rant was to say I am no longer eating eggs in the morning, instead I have made my own granola. I went to whole foods and was able to pick out whatever nuts and seeds I wanted. I put in pecans, almonds, walnuts, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds and rolled oats. You make a “sauce” of pure maple syrup, a little oil, vanilla and orange zest to spread over everything and then you bake it. It is so good, and makes a lot. I have some at work and mix it with my yogurt in the morning for breakfast, and just to snack on for the rest of the day. The best part is you make it so you get to decide what goes into it, and Whole Foods makes it so easy to choose everything.
You have to make sure you watch it in the oven the edges with burn if you dont shake the pan.
The finished product. It is so good on plain yogurt. I am going to try it with milk this weekend.

Told you it made alot. Good thing I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment