Monday, September 13, 2010

Coffee Cake

With the long Labor Day weekend I wanted to bake some items that are a bit more time consuming that I normally don’t make. One item in practically is my coffee cake. It tastes great but I only make it once in awhile because it takes A LOT of butter. It is pretty easy to make but the most important thing about this cake is not to over mix. The first time I made this cake I definitely over mixed the batter and the cake came out tough, but I have learned the tricks now. You also have to make sure the butter is cold, if the butter is too soft it will not cut into the topping correctly and it wont bake correctly.
The cake right out of the oven. It is soooo good when it is hot.

The finished cake. We ate the entire thing cake that weekend. I could not belive it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment