Monday, November 8, 2010

Scallop Provencal

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks with a huge meeting I was helping to plan for my firm I have had no time to blog. In between my normal client work, I was calling different venues and caterers trying my best to fit our budget and still make the partners happy. As you can imagine it was extremely time consuming. So of course something had to give and, that was my blog. I still continued to cook ( I had to make a whole week’s worth of food for the hubby with all the late nights I was working) but I was not able to write about them. So this weekend, I finally feel like I was able to catch up on everything.

With being so busy with work and planning this meeting I was defiantly neglecting my husband. So I wanted to make him something special for dinner. I decided to make him Scallop Provencal. I have not made it since News Years and it is one of my husband’s favorite. It is very easy to make but scallops can be very expensive. I buy the ones from Whole Foods. The great thing about scallops is they soak up the flavors from the sauce so well, you can taste the sauce in each bite. However, because the sauce is so rich (made with butter, wine, garlic and some flour to thicken) I wanted to make something to cut the richness of the sauce. So I made simple red roasted potatoes with just a little rosemary, to complement the sauce. It is so quick and easy to make I love it, and what makes it even better is that I know how much my husband loves them.

I sprinkle some parsley over the top of the dish to open up the taste buds even more.

The red potatoes before I placed them in the over,

The potatoes after they were roasted. So good love these they are so quick and easy to make.

The Scallops cooking in the pan. The sauce was so good. I am going to try and make the sauce and place it over pasta.

The finished product. Haha looking at these pictures makes me realise I need to work on my plateing. The presentation does not make the dish look any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment