Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Caramel doughnuts

I wanted to make something special for breakfast. I was sick of the usual eggs, pancakes and waffles. So I asked my husband what he wanted for breakfast and I guess I should not have been surprised when he said doughnuts.

I needed a quick and easy doughnut recipe one that did not require waiting for yeast doughnuts to rise or a huge amount of oil needed in order to fry them. I found a very quick and easy recipe on the internet for chocolate caramel doughnuts, so I decided to try them. They were very easy to make, the dough was a little messy and you definitely need to have flour on your hands to help and prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Next time I make them I will also leave out the caramels. They did not melt in the center like I wanted. So next time I will use a glaze for the doughnuts. I am excited to try and make a couple of different varieties of this.

I dusted the top with a little powdered sugar. Just a little finishing touch.

Close up of the doughnuts, they were so good hot right out of the pan.

Another close up.

The center of the doughnuts, I wish the caramel melted a little better. I dont think I will do caramel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment