Friday, December 10, 2010

Peanut Brittle

I love to cook and bake one of the reasons why I started this blog was so that I could share my adventures in cooking and baking with others. I never cooked until I graduated college and moved out on my own to start my life. I realized very early I did not want to be eating grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for the rest of my life so I better learn how to cook.

I was also able to meet and marry a wonderful man who I am thankful for everyday of my life. One great thing about my husband’s family is they used to own a bakery. However, the bakery closed when my husband’s grandparents could not run it anymore. Well, I was lucky enough to receive some of those recipes from their bakery. Now the hard part is trying to dial down the recipes. So with some help from Martha Stewart I was able to combine the two recipes and make peanut brittle. This is one of my father’s favorite types of candy besides black jelly beans.

I was so surprised at the way it tasted. So much better than anything you could buy in the store, and very easy to do. I did however suffer one battle wound. When I was spreading out the brittle I was getting upset because it was not spreading out as thin as I would like so without thinking I touched the brittle to try and smooth it out. My finger immediately blistered. Trust me a small price to pay for such a great product. I will be making this recipe again.


Three different pictures of the Peanut Brittle


No comments:

Post a Comment