Friday, December 10, 2010

Dark Chocolate and Pecan Muffins

I love blueberry muffins as can be seen from my other posts, but after the same thing over and over again you need something a little different. So I decided to make dark chocolate and pecan muffins. It was an easy recipe to alter. I cut down the sugar and added one cup of wheat germ for one cup of flour. I also sprinkle some wheat germ and chopped pecans on top of the muffins to give them a little bit more color and a better taste. These are great muffins to make in the beginning of the week and eat for breakfast or, what I did was eat them at night when I was craving something sweet but did not want to eat a cookie. The muffins give you sweet with the dark chocolate and a crunch from the nuts.




Close up view of the muffins

Top view of the muffins. I made them small so they would be easy to eat in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment