Friday, December 10, 2010

Sundays in the South

I bought this awesome cook book at the DC food convention called Sundays in the South by Ginny McCormack. In the book Ginny talks about how important dinners with the family are especially Sunday dinners. I know from my family I always looked forward to Sunday dinners. My mother would always put a little something extra into Sunday. So, I was so excited to see this cookbook and get to read about Ginny experiences with Sunday Dinner.

The first dish I made from this cookbook was a chocolate gooey fudge cake. I was just pure chocolate, so delicious. The icing itself was very simple just a little chocolate and some powder sugar. It was a very easy cake to make but the one thing that always seems to be reoccurring to me is it was too sweet. I love sweet things but next time I make this I am going to make sure that I cut down on the sugar a little. Check this book out, there are great recipes and great entertainment ideas.


Full view of the cake.

A piece of the cake after I cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment