Tuesday, December 14, 2010

White Chocolate Pretzels

This weekend I did a ton of baking. I was not able to complete everything I wanted but what can you do. I started off with some easy baking by making some white chocolate pretzels. They are very easy to make especially if you have a couple of little hints to melt the chocolate. One trick I like to do is add a tablespoon of light corn syrup. The corn syrup gives the chocolate a shiny exterior and allows for sprinkles to stick on the chocolate. One thing that I have noticed is when you are melting chocolate it can clump and lump. The best way to smooth chocolate when melting it is to add a couple of tablespoons of water. You don’t want to add too much and water down the chocolate but it does allow for the chocolate to melt more evenly.


The pretzels before they are dipped in white chocolate

Melting the chocolate, if you dont have a double bolier you can make your own with a pot of boiling water and a heat proof bowl on top.

The pretzels as they are cooling.

A close up of the pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment