Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pasta and Pesto

I love pesto you can eat it hot or cold. You can also eat it over noodles, chicken or fish. I made a huge batch of it last week because I knew that I was going to bring some into work and I wanted to make sure there was enough for my husband and I to eat.

This is a classic pesto recipe, and I used the fresh basil from the herb boxes my mother and I built. That is for a later post. I also use pine nuts. This was easy and came out delish I also added some shrimp because my husband wanted something with a little more “substance”. The best pat was I made my own pasta so it made this dish even more delish.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients
1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
4 cups loosely packed fresh basil or parsley leaves
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until golden and fragrant, tossing occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool completely.

In a food processor, combine toasted nuts, basil, Parmesan, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped. With machine running, pour olive oil in a steady stream
through the feed tube; process until smooth.


Heating up the pesto sauce in the pan.

Adding some shrimp per my husbands' request.



No comments:

Post a Comment