Sunday, June 26, 2011

I was going to a pool party last weekend and I wanted to find something fun to make for the party. So I went to all the cookbooks I received from my grandfather in law and I found these awesome instructions on how to make a watermelon bowl. I also bought some blueberries and strawberries to go into the bowl because I thought those would be the perfect summer fruit. After I warned, my husband to have the phone ready in case I cut my finger off I embarked on starting to cute my watermelon.



The first thing that I wanted to do was to make sure that the watermelon I selected had a flat bottom. This will allow the watermelon once it cut to sit on the table without it rolling off.

I then took a pen and tried to sketch the outline that I wanted to cut out. One thing that I found out from trying to make the watermelon bowl was I could not stay in the lines. No matter how hard I tried, I was not able to cut on the lines I drew on the watermelon.



Once I had the outline cut out, I made sure that I cut a HUGE “X” in the top of the watermelon. It is very important to cut the “x” on top so that when you are pulling the watermelon apart it does not break into a million different pieces.



Once the top is removed I used an ice cream scoop and proceeded to scoop out all the inside of the watermelon. I made sure to put all the insides of the watermelon in a separate bowl to ensure that I saved it and put it in the bowl with the rest of the fruit.









The outline I drew on the watermelon and me trying to cut within the lines.









The "X" on the top of the watermelon, this will help will seperateing the watermelon.








Once the watermelon top is removed, loos so good.












The bowl complete with the watermelon, strawberries and blueberries in it.






A top view of the watermelon bowl. It looks delish, and was a bit hit at the pool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment