Monday, May 9, 2011

Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Strawberries and Cream

I love the spring, I love the warm weather and I love that it stays light out until late in the evening. So when I get home around 7 at night I still have some daylight. I also love the spring for the farmers market. I went this past weekend and found some awesome strawberries. So I wanted to try and incorporate them into our Sunday morning breakfast. I decided to make toasted pecan pancakes with strawberries and cream. No need for any syrup with these pancakes.

I refuse to use any pancake mix. I know that is going to sound like I am a snob, but I prefer to make as much as I can from scratch. It allows me to control what I put in the pancakes. This also allows me to NEVER run out of pancake mix.

Pancake recipe:
1 ½ cups flour
2-3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
3 egg yolks
¼ salt
3 tablespoons of melted butter

Mix all the dry ingredients together and them make a well and fold in the wet. Make sure not to over mix, if the batter is a little lumpy that is ok.

I prefer to use whole pecans, but you can cut them up if you would like. Place the nuts in the oven for approx. 15 minutes at 350. Be very careful not to burn the nuts it will stink up the entire house. Once the nuts are toasted fold them into the batter.

I make my own whipped cream, it is super easy and you can control the sweetness. I just whip some heavy cream and add a couple of spoon full of powdered sugar.

I just sliced a couple of strawberries put them on top and breakfast is complete.


A picture of the pancakes with the bacon from the farmers market. How could this not start your morning off right!!!





A close up of the pancakes. So good.


One last photo, wow these were some great pancakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment