Monday, May 9, 2011

Mini Cinnamon Buns

My husband lover cinnamon buns, but I refuse to buy the ones in store because they are full of preservatives not to mention they are very expensive. So I know how much he loves them so I decided to make some this weekend as a treat for him.

I had made pizza that Friday night (I make my own pizza dough I make about 3 or 4 at a time you never know when you are going to need some dough in a pinch) and some left over dough that I did not want to throw away.

I took the extra dough and I had and used a rolling pin to roll it out to the desired consistency, sprinkle the dough with cinnamon and sugar. Roll the dough back up into what looks like a jelly roll. Cut off the cinnamon buns and place them on the baking sheet with parchment. I then sprinkled the top with a little extra cinnamon and sugar.

Place the in the oven at 350 for approx. 15 min. If you want your cinnamon buns a bit more crispy place them in the oven for longer.

Once the cinnamon buns are out of the oven you can drizzle a little bit of icing on them. I usually don’t wait for the to cool I like the icing to melt on them. I just make a simple icing with powder sugar ad some water. Just stir until the sugar dissolves. These are a great fun and fast breakfast to have as a treat.




A view of all the mini cinnamon buns.

Close up of the mini cinnamon buns.


The buns once they came out of hte oven they were all really hot and delish.



The mini cinnamon buns with the icing on them. They are so delish, but the bad part is you can pop 3 or 4 in your mouth at the same time. Never good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment