Monday, May 9, 2011

Toast cups with eggs and bacon

I always like to try and make something new on the weekends for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I don’t have a lot of time during the week so we are limited with what I can make in a 30 min. period. I will post a blog later on about how I plan my meals out on a monthly basis.

So on this particular Sunday morning I was feeling crafty so I decided to make some egg cups. The only suggestion I would make on this recipe is to make sure the bacon is crispy before you place it in the toast cup. My husband and I love our bacon crispy so next time I will make sure to cook it a little more.

Egg – Toast Cups
Bread (white or wheat)
Eggs and bacon pretty simple ingredents

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.

In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.) Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.



Side view of the egg cups. I realise now it was prob. not the best idea to take the pictures while the egg cups were on my sterling sliver cake stand.


Top view, again sorry for the bad picutres.



This one might be a little better. You can see the cups without the glare. This was a great breakfast.

Here is where I got the original idea:
http://www.marthastewart.com/330179/bacon-egg-and-toast-cups



1 comment: