Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Treats for the Hubby

I had to travel to Chicago last week for work. I was so happy I didn’t have to go for an extended period of time but I still hate leaving home. I miss my hubby and my dog so much I can only imagine what is going to be like when I have children. Before I go on travel or before the hubby goes on travel I always like to make something special.

This weekend I woke up very early. I usually get up at 7 on the weekends (haha that is sleeping in for me, I usually get up at 5) but I woke up around 6ish because I had a lot to do before I left. So I decided to run to the grocery store and surprise my husband with breakfast in bed. I was able to sneak out of the house without the dog getting up so I figured I was in the clear. I was able to creep back in the house and made breakfast. I thought I was in the clear and my hubby was still asleep. I was able to sneak up the stairs and I was so excited when I saw the bedroom door was still closed. When I opened it I was greeted by a 100 pound German Shepherd and my husband watching TV. It turns out he had been up for awhile and could smell breakfast so the surprise was ruined. We moved breakfast outside because it was a nice sunny morning. It was just really nice to sit with my husband and talk with him before I left.


I dont know why the picture is not letting me turn it. I made cinnamon buns for breakfast which does not happen very often. It was a nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment