Tuesday, October 19, 2010

English Muffins

I was sick this week, and of course I could not sleep or sit still. I have never really been able to sit around. I am always doing something (much to the dislike of my husband). With the extra time on my hands I decide to try a recipe that requires a time commit. I decided to make my own english muffins. Like I said you are going to need some extra time on your hands. You have to wait for the dough to raise a couple of times before you can actually “cook” the muffins.

I was not happy with the muffins. I don’t know what I was expecting but they were a little flat. I don’t know if I did not let them rise long enough or if I handled the dough too much, or it may just have been because I was sick and did not read the recipe correctly. Who knows. I will be trying these again because I feel like they could be great.

Even with the english muffins not turning out exactly the way I wanted they still tasted great. If I was feeling a little better I would have made some orange butter to go with the english muffins. Once when I am feeling better I will attempt this recipe again. I am just way too stubborn to not get this recipe perfect.

I did not have a round cookie cutter so I used the top of a glass to cut my dough.

The muffins on the griddle. They toasted up so nice on the outside.

You can tell from this picture that the muffins were not as fluffly as I wanted.

They were still very tasty and was nice to have with a hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment