Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snickerdoodle Popcorn


My husband loves snickerdoodle cookies. I have been very busy and have not had the time to make cookies as often as I usually do. So last night when I got home from work at a reasonable time I decided I wanted to cook for my husband. Something that I LOVE to do and that relaxes me. So last night I whipped up a quick risotto, haha , and made some sickerdoodle popcorn.


It is a great salty sweet snack that I could eat bowls and bowls of. It is very simple to make. I make a pot of popcorn. While the popcorn is still hot I pour approx 3 tablespoons of butter on it. This will allow the cinnamon and sugar (the same topping as snickerdooles) to stick. Once the butter is poured over the popcorn you can now pour the sugar and cinnamon on top, shake the popcorn to ensure the coating gets on all the different pieces of popcorn. I then pour the popcorn on a baking sheet with parchment paper and melt some white chocolate chips in the microwave. Once the chips are melted I pour it over the popcorn. I then really quickly add salt. The warm chocolate helps the salt to stick on the popcorn. It is so good my husband said that he likes it better then the caramel popcorn I have made before. The popcorn in the pot before it start to pop.


It was hard to take pictures because the popcorn is white and the choclate is also white. Let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment