Monday, March 28, 2011

Peanut Buttercup Cheesecake

So my brother in law came into town. I love when he comes into town because it allows me to make something I would not normally make. My brother in law loves cheesecake. So instead of making my chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake I decided to make something new. I decided to make Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake. I used the same recipe as I did for the chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and instead of making the cookie dough I chopped up the Reese cups and mixed them in the batter and added a scoop of peanut butter to give it a little extra peanut butter taste. I also saved some peanut butter cups for the top of the cheesecake when it was done. I put the pieces on top when it was still hot so it melted a little on top. I did have some mixed reviews on this cheesecake. My husband thought it did not have enough peanut butter flavor while my brother in law said it had too much peanut butter flavor. HAHA you can never win. Below is the recipe let me know what changes you make and how it turns out. Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9 inch springform pan Ingredients 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies 1 cup white sugar 1/4 cup melted butter 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced 2 cups sour cream 3 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the white sugar, and the melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 8 minutes. To Make Cheesecake: In a food processor or with a mixer beat 1 cup of the white sugar, and all the cream cheese. Add 1 cup of the sour cream, the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared crust. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Cake will jiggle slightly in center. Spread topping over hot cake. Let cake cool than chill in a refrigerator until cold, at least 4 hours.

Picture of the crust, there is so much you can do with some teddy grams.



A picture of the finished cheesecake.


A close up of the cake. It was so delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment