Tuesday, March 1, 2011

White chocolate covered Oreo Balls

My husband loves Oreo cookies, but as people know who have read my blog I don’t like to buy cookies. When I have time I try to make cookies for my husband from scratch. This week I did not have any time. It was super busy with work so I need to take a little bit of a short cut.

I bought a package of Oreo cookies and made what my husband calls Oreo balls of deliciousness. They are super easy to make and something that would be great to make if you children.
The only ingredients you need are a package of Oreo cookies and an 8oz package of cream cheese. Make sure that you bring the cream cheese up to room temperature. Use your food processor to crush up the Oreo cookies. It is important to grind up the cookies as finely as possible because you are going to have to mix in the cream cheese.
Once you have the crumbs mix in the cream cheese. Make sure that the cream cheese is incorporated well into the cookie crumbs and place bowl in the fridge. You want the mixture cold so you can handle the dough. I use a melon baller to form the cookies then place the cookie balls on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the baking sheet in fridge. While the cookies are chilling in the fridge start to melt the chocolate to cover the cookies. I use white chocolate but you can use dark or milk. Please see blogs for white chocolate pretzels to see how I melt chocolate.
Dip the chilled balls in white chocolate and let cool on parchment paper in the fridge for 2-3 hours and enjoy.
The cookies ready to be ground up.

Finished cookies.



What the cookies look like on the inside, thanks to my hubby for helping out with this picture. He volunteered to take a bit out of one of the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment