Monday, February 28, 2011

Champagne Risotto

Like I said in a past post my husband and I did not make a big deal about Valentine’s Day this year just because we had just gotten back from Hawaii. So I made a Red Velvet Cake and some champagne risotto. I usually try to make something very special for dinner but was just tired and wanted to relax. I wanted to make sure that I made something I knew I had the ingredients for. I always try to keep some champagne in the house in case I have a bad day at work or I just need a little pick me up.
This was a very easy recipe to make and both my husband and I love risotto so I knew that it would soon become one of our favorite dishes. I really like how the champagne gives the sauce a little bit of bite at the end. I added some roasted asparagus and mushrooms to give the rice a more roasted taste and I think it balanced out the flavors really well. Below is the recipe I adopted and some pictures.
These are the mushrooms and asparagus before I roasted them in the oven.


The finished product. It was so good I think I will be making it again very soon.

Ingredients
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
12 asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons butter, divided
3/4 cup Arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
1/2 cup Champagne
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan

1/4 teaspoon salt

No comments:

Post a Comment