Thursday, February 24, 2011

Red velvet cake

Valentines Day was on the Monday after my husband and I got back from Hawaii, so I did not want to make a huge deal out of the day. We had such a wonderful time in Hawaii I just wanted to have a low key night at home. So I made some champagne risotto (please see upcoming post) and red velvet cake.

Now as we all know from my other posts it has been very hard for me to make a cake from scratch. I don’t know what my problem is if I over mix the batter or don’t sift the flour enough but my cakes always seem to come out dry. EXECPT for this time, the cake turned out great. I think that is has something to do with my oven. I keep the baking temperature the same but cut the time down and it turned out perfect and very moist. I made cream cheese frosting of the top and it was the best cake I have even made from scratch. Not to mention I was able to use the heart shaped cake pans that my father-in-law gave to me.



The cake before it is baked. Have to say it is hard to frost a cake when it is in a shape like this.

Aview of both the cakes before they were baked. Please excuse my dirty stove did not have time to clean it before I took the pictues.

A look at my layers of the cake. Like I said it was hard to frost the cake because of the shape but it was DELISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment