Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pizza dough

My hubby and I love pizza, but with the price of frozen pizza rising to around 7 dollars and ordering pizza more than 15 dollars, I decided to pocket the money and make my own pizza dough. By using left over sauce I made and mozzarella cheese I already had in the fridge the meal was less than 7 dollars. Again as I have said before the dough does take some time to rise and if you are hungry and want to eat now, this is not the recipe to make.
The recipe says that you can spilt the dough into two different pizzas but I don’t know if that would be enough to feed two people. When I have some free time I am going to try and make a couple batches of the dough to freeze. This way we can have homemade on a week night without waiting for the dough to rise.

The dough before we placed it in the oven. No matter how hard I worked the dough I could not get it to form a circle. And you want to make sure you dont work the dough too much or else the pizza would be too tough. The completed pizza. SOOOO Good. Cant wait to try some white pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment